Discovery House Day Care Center strives to meet the needs of the families in our community.
Most importantly, we provide a safe and loving environment year round which is a growing need among working families. We hold a high standard for quality educational child care services by providing developmentally appropriate programs for children and a challenging yet fulfilling work environment for the teachers and working staff. Our educational preschool and child care programs are designed to ensure that each child is presented with opportunities to grow socially, emotionally, physically, academically and independently. Working together with the parents, we strive to develop positive self- esteem and a joy for learning in each and every child.
There are five important keys to our successful learning environment:
- Nurturing, experienced, and dedicated long term child care teachers and staff provide children and families with a sense of security and consistency which develops trust and long lasting relationships. Every staff member knows all the children and all the children know all the staff.
- Children learn positive behavior, respect and love for self and others through the role modeling of the teachers. They learn that freedom has limits and that true discipline is truly a teacher’s way of caring deeply about children’s well being thus allowing for a fulfilling future life experience with self and others.
- Children are naturally curious and learn by experiences that are interesting. They learn through active play and hands-on exploration where there are many opportunities for them to succeed.
- An exciting yet educational age appropriate curriculum that strengthens a child's development socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually is not only important but needs to be implemented on a daily basis.
- Small group ratios are very critical to the success of each child’s developmental progress. Individualized teaching and attention is provided to address and meet each child’s specific needs and abilities within a small group setting.
- Working with parents/guardians as active partners in their child's development is vital to the success of the center, and with strong regard to understanding that they are their child’s first and most important teacher.